Power Plant Operations and Maintenance Coordinator
Associated Electric Cooperative
Discover a POWERful career at Associated Electric! Our organization offers challenging and rewarding work with career development and internal mobility opportunities - all within a family friendly and community centric culture. Our purpose is simple - to provide safe, reliable and affordable energy for our member-owners. At Associated Electric, one of the largest electric cooperatives in the nation, opportunities to gain valuable experience and contribute new ideas in an ever-changing industry are endless.
Associated Electric is looking for a Power Plant Operations and Maintenance Coordinator, Combined Cycle Facilities! In this role, you will be an integral part of our Gas Plant Operations team, contributing to the delivery of reliable and affordable energy to our member-owners. This role ensures the power plant is operated in a safe, reliable, and economic manner, by effectively communicating with Power Production departments and operations and maintenance teams to facilitate overall gas plant operations.
If you are dedicated to career development, value a family-friendly atmosphere, and want to be part of a community-centric culture, this position is tailored for you. Join us and discover a POWERful career that will stretch your abilities and keep you engaged!
What You’ll Be doing:
- Will be the onsite representative Associated Electric at a combined cycle power plant currently operated and maintained by Siemens Energy.
- Track and manage O&M costs and unplanned maintenance activities
- Track Human Performance, Safety, and Environmental incidents
- Review and verify monthly operations data and reports
- Coordinate activities such as outages, testing and site visits between the plant and Associated Electric headquarters.
- Ensure alignment with safety, environmental, and NERC goals
- Develop and administer yearly plant budget
- Provide coverage at Simple Cycle sites, on occasion.
- Ensure adherence to established practices for optimal plant operation and maintenance
What You’ll Need:
- Possess a Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering field or equivalent operating and maintenance experience
- Strong technical background in power generation, especially in combined cycle operations
- Experience with Combustion Turbines, Steam Turbines, HRSG, Balance of Plant, and Distributed Control Systems technology
- Possess detailed knowledge of key plant systems, i.e. water, steam, lubricating and hydraulic fluids, medium and high voltage, condensing/cooling water, hydrogen
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to carry out day to day functions with limited supervision
As an employer of choice and a certified Great Place to Work, Associated provides employees competitive compensation, 401k with an employer match, health, paid leave for family planning (including adoption), paid disability leave and other benefits. We support employees in their journey to physical, financial, emotional, and social well-being and we encourage employees to enjoy time away with Paid Time Off, paid holidays and volunteerism in community events. Associated’s culture includes workforce flexibility options with opportunities for personal and professional growth including tuition reimbursement and development planning resources. Come join a team where your talents are appreciated, your voice is heard, and your work has an impact!
To learn more and apply for a position, please visit www.aeci.org/careers. You will be able to upload additional applicant documents (i.e. resume, cover letter). AECI is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment. Please contact us if you require assistance in filling out an application. Individuals with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act prior to an appointment.
External Job Posting: 2/12/24