Electrical Controls Specialist
Senior Technical Professional-E&I
At Cascades, Sustainable Development means Respecting the True Nature of our 10,000 talents. We put you first!
At our campus in Pryor, Oklahoma you can develop your full potential, sustainably, by applying your expertise within the Cascades Tissue Group division of our team as a Senior Technical Professional/E&I.
SENIOR TECHNCIAL PROFESSIONAL – E&I
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager your mission is to carry out complex technical mandates related to electronics and instrumentation objectives, deadlines and established budgets. You will put your specialized technical knowledge to work in support of electrical, instrumentation and control applications for all paper mill operations. Your critical thinking and experience in providing technical guidance will provide the foundation for troubleshooting and implementation of modifications and solutions leading to greater efficiencies while maximizing the safety of operators.
- Provide hands-on technical support to all manufacturing operations for instrumentation and electrical control applications, including paper machine, secondary fiber, automated warehouse, effluent treatment, and boiler room.
- Navigate process control systems and associated field devices.
- Assess, program and repair PLCs, HMI, Drives, and other control systems.
- Act as a consultant and resource to operations and maintenance team members when identifying and troubleshooting issues.
- Support capital projects installations of instrumentation and control devices
- Manage changes to systems by keeping programs backed-up and updating documentation, schematics, and drawings.
- Successfully support daily activities, periodic shutdowns for fabric changes/maintenance, long-term planning and capital projects related to the process controls and E&I department.
- Support Reliability programs such as Thermography, Ultrasound, Motor and Power Analysis
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Paper mill or other industrial manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge of various electrical sensors, switches, controllers, instrumentation, transmitters, automated valves, calibrations, industrial communications, robotics, motion control and AC/DC control power
- Programming experience including the ability to create, monitor, modify PLC and DCS control logic.
- Ability to work with plant personnel, engineering groups, and outside contractors to ensure the proper execution of work.
- Prioritization of time and work
- Use of self-initiative and independence to complete tasks with urgency and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, industrial technology, or other related degree or a vocational certificate/diploma in electronic controls/instrumentation/technician. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 1-3+ years’ experience as an electrical maintenance technician in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
TOTAL CASH COMPENSATION
Job Classification: Salaried Non-Exempt – Eligible for Overtime
**Salary Range: $72,000 - $108,000 – Plus Profit Sharing Pay Out 3x per year
**Salary is based on qualifications
Benefits: Excellent benefit package to include 401(k) with 4% match & 2-year vesting schedule, Health Plans, Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long Term Disability, Healthy Lifestyles Flex Account, Health Savings Account, Critical Illness, Legal Plan, 3 weeks’ vacation at hire & much more.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe.