Reporting to the Technical Supervisor - Operations Support , the Senior Technical Professional’s mission to carry out complex technical mandates related to his or her field of expertise that respect objectives, deadlines and established budget. You put your specialized technical knowledge to work for project managers, colleagues, business partners and external customers, and support them in implementing projects in accordance with the standards and technical references in your field. Finally, you promote best practices in order to offer quality specialized technical support that will maximize the success of complex mandates and fully satisfy your clients.
- Successfully carry out specialized technical mandates assigned to you
- Provide specialized support and technical assistance to project leaders
- Implement processes and tools to foster a culture of continuous improvement within your area
- Develop sound relationships with business partners
- Support the launch of new equipment (technical assistance and training according to projects)
- Actively participate in unit testing and in the implementation of investment projects
- Support the supervisor in implementing good maintenance and reliability practices
- Ensure the availability, quality and efficiency of equipment by optimizing its maintainability (OEE) by, for example, reducing failures
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Confirm and optimize maintenance routines
- Analyze equipment and maintenance costs
- Establish and ensure the application of equipment standards
- Development of new products by working in unison with production and marketing to bring new and modified products to market.
- Modification of raw materials used to produce a finished product.
- Development of work instructions and training documents.
- Machine parts design, modification, and replacement.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Ongoing commitment to keep your knowledge up to date A desire to share your knowledge
- High level of autonomy in project management and implementation
- Openness that allows you to gain a thorough understanding of the needs of partners and clients Perseverance to overcome obstacles while carrying out projects
- High level of autonomy for making decisions at the appropriate times Stamina and persistence
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, or other related degree or vocational certificate/degree.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 3+ years experience providing engineering support in a manufacturing environment. Prior paper manufacturing experience ideal.
TOTAL CASH COMPENSATION
Job Classification: Salaried Exempt
**Salary Range: $72,000 - $108,000 – Plus Profit Sharing Pay Out 3x per year
**Salary is based on qualifications
Benefits: Excellent benefit package to include 401(k) with 4% match & 2-year vesting schedule, Health Plans, Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long Term Disability, Healthy Lifestyles Flex Account, Health Savings Account, Critical Illness, Legal Plan, 3 weeks’ vacation at hire & much more.
Core competencies defined for this job
Impact and influence
#respectyourtruenature #revealyourpotential #LifeAtCascades
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities since 1964. Cascades have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 10,000 talents working in a network in almost 75 operating units located in North America.