Supply Chain Operations Manager, Logistics
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Thailand.
- 4 years of experience managing processes to deliver finished goods/services and materials to meet demand.
- 4 years of experience working in both domestic and international supply chain management.
- Experience managing vendors and extended workforce providers.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with SAP, SQL Scripting and Big Query Language.
- Experience in program management.
- Experience coordinating and working across multiple regions and timezones.
About the job
In this role, you will develop and execute logistics workflows used to build Google data center hardware, particularly for the outbound and in-transit and destination inbound phases globally. You will work with internal stakeholders cross-functionally to maximize efficiency and cost. In addition to these functions, key deliverables will include establishing and meeting metrics.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Ensure smooth logistics workflows for our most complex Machine Learning (ML) deployments in collaborations with key internal stakeholders to enable the increasing complexity and scale of Google data center.
- Plan with logistics operation counterparts across multiple regions to ensure resource and capacity availability match to deployment workloads requests.
- Comprehend existing logistics and execution tooling and utilize business requirement documents for enhancement needed with Software teams.
- Coordinate with the onsite Contract Manufacturer team, third-party logistics partners and professional service providers to adhere procedural and quality standards set for material exports.
- Support local warehouse operation management within Thailand for both our global deployments and machine deliveries.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?