Customer Engineer, Data and Analytics, Public Sector
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Brazil.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role.
- Experience in cloud computing (e.g., cloud market) and delivering technical presentations.
- Experience in analytic warehouse solutions, Big Data technologies, real-time streaming, performance, and scalability optimizations.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience in developing data warehousing, data lakes, batch, or real-time event processing and Exact Transform and Load (ETL) workflows solutions (e.g., Informatica, Talend, Alooma, SAP, Data Services).
- Experience in technical sales in the fields of cloud computing, data, information lifecycle management, and Big Data.
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Ability to address domain name systems, transmission control protocol, firewalls, proxy servers, load balancing, virtual private networks, and virtual private cloud.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective and existing customers and partners understand Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Manage the technical relationship with Google customers (e.g., managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources).
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer and partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight the Google Cloud Platform value proposition, using techniques that include presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, and request for information response documents.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other events as needed.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?