Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
NextCare Urgent Care
NextCare strives to be the leader in high access healthcare, offering urgent care, occupational health, virtual health and primary care services to our patients. With offering services in twelve states (Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia and Wyoming) and over 170 urgent care clinic locations, we offer exceptional, affordable care to patients across the country.
At NextCare, we constantly strive to provide you with the highest degree of caring, growth, integrity, results and teamwork. These essential core values form the foundation of our relationships with patients, customers, investors, partners and one another. Extraordinarily high-performance standards serve as critical guides for making important clinical and business decisions. The expression of these standards is evident in our behavior, our attitude, and our approach to our daily work. The product of our strict adherence to core values is the ability to harness tremendous organizational energy to achieve our goal of upholding the highest standard for quality and service within the high access healthcare. This unique combination of values, performance standards and commitment serves as the key to our success.
What we are looking for
Access Medical Centers managed by NextCare Urgent Care is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to provide medical care to urgent care patients.
To join our Provider team in Pryor, OK at our facility located on Cross Streets: 69-A and Redden Street
The hours for this facility are 7:00a.m. to 7:00p.m. Monday – Friday and 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. Saturday and Sunday. In most cases the work schedule will require working 12 hour shifts, rotating weekends and occasional holidays if applicable.
The Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the following:
- Evaluating and treating patients in accordance with clinical best practices for an urgent care and/or occupational health setting.
- Providing compassionate and respectful patient care consistent with NextCare services, values and mission statement.
- Treating all patients who present to the clinic appropriately and discuss the treatment plan with the patient ensuring there is a clear understanding of the next steps.
- Documenting care utilizing the electronic documentation system.
- Taking personal responsibility for appropriately coding and billing for care rendered.
- Delivering exemplary care and act in a legal and ethical manner.
- Maintaining clinical productivity consistent with peers and industry standards for a similar setting.
- Follow up on patient care as indicated.
How you will make an impact
The Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner supports the organization by providing exemplary patient care thereby creating valuable relationships within the community to contribute to the continued success of NextCare.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- Active and unrestricted Oklahoma medical license
- Active D.E.A.
- NCCPA certification for a Physician Assistant or an ANCC or AANP certification for a Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Practitioners must be permitted to treat all age groups, from infant to geriatric, as per their board specialty, such as Family Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant studies or Master’s of Nursing degree in Nurse Practitioner studies
- Active BLS Certification
- Must be comfortable with all age groups
- EHR proficient
- DOT Certification is/may be required. If you are not currently certified, we will register you for the training at no cost to you
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and holidays, the amount of these shifts will depend on facility you are assigned to
Valued But Not Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Experience with initial x-ray interpretation prior to over-read from the Radiologist
- For a Physician Assistant - Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant studies
- Previous experience in an urgent care, ER fast- track or full-service walk in medical clinic.
NextCare offers full time employees medical, health savings account, NextCare employee visit program, dental, vision, basic life, voluntary employee/spouse/child life, long term disability, short term disability, employee assistance program, critical illness, accident, legal, identity theft and paid time off benefits. Employees of all statuses are offered 401(k) Plan benefits. Employees in select positions are offered shift differential benefits. Benefits are offered per policy and plan rules.
Equal Opportunity Statement
NextCare Urgent Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.