Transitioning to civilian life?
TransWood can provide you with the opportunity for a reliable career with a debt-free and stable company. We have been on the road for 95 years with many more years ahead of us. TransWood’s veteran-friendly atmosphere is a great place to start on your new civilian mission. Are you ready for your new mission?
Make an impact on your career
Did you know truck drivers run 90% of the freight in the United States? That means that a trucker virtually transported everything you are purchasing. Truckers help preserve the American way, similar to the work veterans have done, which has a big impact on our economy. Are you ready to make an impact once again?
Do you have armed services driving experience?
Your armed services driving experience could help you get your foot in the door. At TransWood we value and appreciate our military heroes and we want to make their transition to civilian life as easy as possible. What could be easier than doing something that you already have experience doing? Of course, we will need to see a few documents to confirm your driving experience including:
- Commander’s Certification Letter
- Memorandum for Record (MFR)
- DD214 – Certificate of release or discharge from active duty.
Once we receive those documents, you are that much more ready to embark on the next phase of your civilian career.
Veterans – Request Information
Driver Hiring Criteria
1. Must be at least 24 years of age.
2. Must have at least 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience within the last 3 years and have a CDL school certificate from an accredited school. Or simply 2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the last four 4 years or relative military driving experience.
3. Must have no more than three (3) moving violations in five (5) years. Any speeding violation from 11 to 14 miles per hour over posted limit will be counted as two (2) violations. Any speeding violation 15 miles an hour or more over the posted limit is considered a disqualification.