Hybrid Year Round Intern - Finance
Union Pacific Corporation
Hybrid Year Round Intern - Finance
VAR-SYSTEM, NE, US, 68000 Omaha, NE, US, 68000
Reference Number: 1056
Closing Date: 03/31/2024
**This posting is for university recruiting candidates, including those currently enrolled in a degree program.**
If you wish to solicit an employee referral for this position, please ensure the employee submits the referral prior to submitting your application.
This is the same job description as the year round but will be used for hybrid interns for tracking purposes
- Assist with project management for various company initiatives and complete administrative tasks and special projects
- Learn and perform core department business group work tasks, processes, and customer services
- Perform administrative support for department business group managers
- Develop and execute project action plans and perform team assignments
- Build and strengthen a network of professional contacts within departments and across the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications - Required
- College credit toward a Bachelors degree
- Basic organization AND prioritization skills
- Basic time and project management skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- College credits at least equivalent to 1 year toward an undergraduate degree
Qualifications - Preferred
What we offer:
- A strengths-based, engagement-focused, and performance-oriented culture
- Ongoing learning, development, and Educational Assistance (including little to no out-of-pocket cost for online and in-person courses at the University of Nebraska at Omaha)
- Competitive compensation
* State & Federal criminal history
* Last 7 years of employment history to include military service
* Prior drug history
* Professional license or certification, if applicable to role
* Driving history, if applicable to role
Please click here to review Union Pacific's policy regarding background investigations.
* Medical Evaluation
* Drug Screen
* Fitness-for-duty assessment to ensure that candidates can safely perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
* Color vision exam, if applicable to role
Union Pacific supports diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer here . Union Pacific is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce where equal employment opportunities are available without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, religion, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or genetic information. Union Pacific strictly prohibits any discrimination or harassment based on protected status. Union Pacific is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment of individuals with disabilities. To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please use this link here to submit a request.
Union Pacific’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is based on our desire to create an environment where people can be their best, personally and professionally. Our employees are unique individuals. Our diverse perspectives come from many sources including gender, race, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status.
As America's railroad, Union Pacific has an innate responsibility to speak out against all forms of discrimination while creating an environment where all can see themselves belonging and succeeding.