Director of Sales
Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Director of Sales to join our team at Sam Lord's Castle Wyndham Grand Resort in Barbados, Belair.
The Director of Sales is responsible for directing, coordinating, training and supervising the Sales Managers, Catering Manager(s) and Sales/Catering Administrators/Coordinators/Administrative Assistants in all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration. He/she is also responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new business to ensure that Room revenues and Catering revenues meet or exceed budget in order to maximize revenue and profits, and to improve the hotel’s performance in the marketplace.
Account Management & Development
- Supervise, administer and ensure timely completion of all activities of the Sales Department
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team
- Facilitate quarterly business reviews for all accounts to share insights, recommendations, and update customers on WH&R’s portfolio of brands and properties, as well as any upcoming promotions. These reviews also provide an opportunity to solicit customer feedback, understand changing business needs and identify potential business opportunities
- Engage in customer facing activities such as annual partner meetings, conferences, tradeshows and sales missions to strengthen customer relationships and identify opportunities to drive additional revenue
Partnerships & Collaboration:
- Conduct weekly sales meetings according to Wyndham standards
- Conduct daily Wyndham Business Review (WBR) meeting with Sales and Catering, operations staff and General Manager
- Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy, Average Daily Rate (ADR) and Banquet and Catering revenues
- Conduct all Sales and Catering Team Performance Appraisals according to Wyndham SOP’s
Budget Management & Financial Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies
- Ensure account revenue on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis meets or exceeds sales goals
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget
Education & Experience
- At least 6 years of progressive hotel sales experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 years of hotel sales experience
- Supervisory experience required
- Must have a driver’s license in the applicable state
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,100 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through our network of more than 836,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the hospitality industry. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the world in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham employs more than 2,000 corporate team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all. Supporting thousands of franchisees and a growing global portfolio of 24 hotel brands—think household names like Wyndham, La Quinta, Ramada, Days Inn and Super 8—Wyndham team members are a widespread group of individuals with diverse interests and backgrounds. Our unique Count on Me culture, commitment to flexibility and core values of Integrity, Accountability, Inclusivity, Caring and Fun are just part of what continues to make Wyndham an award-winning best place to work.
Job Location: Sam Lord's Castle Wyndham Grand Resort, The parish of St.Philip, Sam Lord's Castle, Barbados, Belair N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Something looks off?