Director of Finance
Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Director of Finance to join our team at Sam Lord's Castle Wyndham Grand Resort in Barbados, Belair.
The Director of Finance is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotels by supplying management with guidance and training. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
Budget Management & Financial Responsibilities
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Wyndham’s established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management
- Monitor the capital planning process by assisting management with the calculation of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid process, and ensuring proper upkeep of the property by evaluating scope of work and specifications
- Ensure implementation and completion of all Accounting Key Competencies, both management and hourly
- Embrace a continuous growth environment by actively assisting in recruiting, reviewing, recommending and maintaining an inventory of Directors of Financial Services, Assistant Directors of Financial Services, Assistant Directors of Financial Services Trainees, Accounting Managers, Controllers, Assistant Controllers and other managers for the organization
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels’ financial objectives
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliation’s are reconciled on a timely basis
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records
Education & Experience
- A minimum of 6 years of related progressive experience in hotel Accounting or related field; or a 4-year college degree with an Accounting/ Finance concentration and a minimum of 2 years of related progressive experience; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 4 years of related progressive experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing and in the operation of all hotel-specific systems.
- Proficiency in Oracle and Profit Sage is a plus.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,100 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through our network of more than 836,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the hospitality industry. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the world in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham employs more than 2,000 corporate team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all. Supporting thousands of franchisees and a growing global portfolio of 24 hotel brands—think household names like Wyndham, La Quinta, Ramada, Days Inn and Super 8—Wyndham team members are a widespread group of individuals with diverse interests and backgrounds. Our unique Count on Me culture, commitment to flexibility and core values of Integrity, Accountability, Inclusivity, Caring and Fun are just part of what continues to make Wyndham an award-winning best place to work.
Job Location: Sam Lord's Castle Wyndham Grand Resort, The parish of St.Philip, Sam Lord's Castle, Barbados, Belair N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Something looks off?