Director of Engineering
La Quinta by Wyndham Lafayette Oil Center
Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Director of Engineering to join our team at Sam Lord's Castle Wyndham Grand Resort in Barbados, Belair.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for all administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel as they directly relate to the engineering division. He/she is responsible for the safe and profitable operation of the hotel.
- Create and implement a preventative maintenance program for all hotel
- Supervise and train all Engineering staff
- Lead and participate in Wyndham Safety Committee
Budget Management & Financial Responsibilities
- Create and adhere to annual budget for department
- Develop financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings
- Develop and implement plans to maintain property assets in an acceptable state of repair
- Implement preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment, per Wyndham standards
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location, status and cause
Education & Experience
- At least 5 years of progressive facilities management experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related management experience; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related management experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Stationary Engineer’s license if required by local code
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations and general maintenance skills required
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,100 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through our network of more than 836,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the hospitality industry. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the world in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham employs more than 2,000 corporate team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all. Supporting thousands of franchisees and a growing global portfolio of 24 hotel brands—think household names like Wyndham, La Quinta, Ramada, Days Inn and Super 8—Wyndham team members are a widespread group of individuals with diverse interests and backgrounds. Our unique Count on Me culture, commitment to flexibility and core values of Integrity, Accountability, Inclusivity, Caring and Fun are just part of what continues to make Wyndham an award-winning best place to work.
Job Location: Sam Lord's Castle Wyndham Grand Resort, The parish of St.Philip, Sam Lord's Castle, Barbados, Belair N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.