Director of Hospitality
Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Director of Hospitality to join our team at Sam Lord's Castle Wyndham Grand Resort in Barbados, Belair.
The Director of Hospitality is responsible for ensuring the operation of Guest Services, Concierge and Uniformed Services, Housekeeping, Laundry, Security, Communications and Reservations in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service while maximizing room revenue and productivity, and developing managers and employees.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents arising in person or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction
Partnership & Collaboration
- Prepare and conduct all front-of-house Rooms Division interviews and follow hiring procedures according to SOP's. Actively support Human Resources with recruiting efforts. Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Rooms Division personnel
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies for Rooms division managers. Monitor completion of the Service Standards by Position Training Checklists for hourly staff
- Monitor oversold dates to ensure the maximization of rooms revenue
- Tour rooms operating departments daily, greeting employees and soliciting feedback
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
- Attend daily and monthly Rooms Merchandizing meetings
- Complete the monthly forecast
Education & Experience
- At least 6 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 4 or more years of related experience
- Previous management experience required
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,100 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through our network of more than 836,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the hospitality industry. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the world in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham employs more than 2,000 corporate team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all. Supporting thousands of franchisees and a growing global portfolio of 24 hotel brands—think household names like Wyndham, La Quinta, Ramada, Days Inn and Super 8—Wyndham team members are a widespread group of individuals with diverse interests and backgrounds. Our unique Count on Me culture, commitment to flexibility and core values of Integrity, Accountability, Inclusivity, Caring and Fun are just part of what continues to make Wyndham an award-winning best place to work.
Job Location: Sam Lord's Castle Wyndham Grand Resort, The parish of St.Philip, Sam Lord's Castle, Barbados, Belair N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Something looks off?