Director of Purchasing
Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Director of Purchasing to join our team at Sam Lord's Castle Wyndham Grand Resort in Barbados, Belair.
The Director of Purchasing is responsible for handling and overseeing the procurement of goods and services through appropriate bidding processes to achieve optimum price value while maintaining superior quality consistent with Wyndham’s established control policies and procedures. The Director of Purchasing also maintains and organizes the hotel’s storage facilities, ensures proper distribution, and assists in implementation of key controls associated with the procurement and accounting of goods and services.
Partnership & Negotiation
- Research potential vendors- compare and evaluate offers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
Goods/ Materials control
- Track orders and ensure timely/quality delivery
- Maintain updated records into internal databases of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Monitor stock levels, price changes and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage and appropriate management for special requirements
- Ensure that all purchases, requisitions, etc. have proper approvals and all orders are place and received in accordance with Wyndham’s policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local food and beverage storage laws, regulations and codes
Education & Experience
- A minimum of 6 years of related progressive experience in hotel or related field; or a 4-year college degree and a minimum of 2 years of related progressive experience; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 4 years of related progressive experience.
- • The ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of safe food handling standards and beverage management.
- • Previous supervisory responsibilities required.
- • Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,100 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through our network of more than 836,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the hospitality industry. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the world in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham employs more than 2,000 corporate team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all. Supporting thousands of franchisees and a growing global portfolio of 24 hotel brands—think household names like Wyndham, La Quinta, Ramada, Days Inn and Super 8—Wyndham team members are a widespread group of individuals with diverse interests and backgrounds. Our unique Count on Me culture, commitment to flexibility and core values of Integrity, Accountability, Inclusivity, Caring and Fun are just part of what continues to make Wyndham an award-winning best place to work.
Job Location: Sam Lord's Castle Wyndham Grand Resort, The parish of St.Philip, Sam Lord's Castle, Barbados, Belair N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Something looks off?