Director of Human Resources
Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Director of Human Resources to join our team at Sam Lord's Castle Wyndham Grand Resort in Barbados, Belair.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for staffing qualified personnel; ensuring employment statute compliance; overseeing all aspects of wage, benefit, worker’s compensation unemployment; training program direction, implementation and administration; and employee relations coaching, counseling and discipline.
People partner. Responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise Human Resources staff
- Prepare and maintain Human Resources budget
- Maintain all Human Resources/employee regulations and laws, and ensure that the property is in compliance
- Communicate new policies, information, and directives to all employees
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment, screening and reference checking of all non-exempt personnel
- Maintain employee benefits programs
- Set up, approve, and maintain all wage and salary programs, including performance evaluations
- Recommend and/or approve all employee transitions, i.e. new hire, transfer, promotion, etc.
- Monitor and analyze turnover statistics and required reports
- Participate in and monitor safety committee in compliance with Loss Prevention SOP’s
- Establish and maintain safety incentive program
- Ensure managers are using coaching, counseling and discipline to address issues/concerns
- Ensure Associate Opinion Survey is completed by all employees
- Ensure staffs compliance with HR policies and procedures
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
Education & Experience
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,100 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through our network of more than 836,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the hospitality industry. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the world in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham employs more than 2,000 corporate team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all. Supporting thousands of franchisees and a growing global portfolio of 24 hotel brands—think household names like Wyndham, La Quinta, Ramada, Days Inn and Super 8—Wyndham team members are a widespread group of individuals with diverse interests and backgrounds. Our unique Count on Me culture, commitment to flexibility and core values of Integrity, Accountability, Inclusivity, Caring and Fun are just part of what continues to make Wyndham an award-winning best place to work.
Job Location: Sam Lord's Castle Wyndham Grand Resort, The parish of St.Philip, Sam Lord's Castle, Barbados, Belair N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Something looks off?